Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for serving as administrative head and technical director of Respiratory Care Department and Cardiopulmonary Laboratory with responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating, integrating and directing the administrative and operational activities associated with providing respiratory care, blood gas, and diagnostic pulmonary function testing services at the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs.
2. 2. Oversees the daily operation of the department, including creating and implementing production schedules, and/or tracking and reporting systems, managing work assignments, and identifying and resolving issues.
3. 3. Establishes goals and objectives for the department that are consistent with Mount Sinai Hospital or School of Medicines policies and federal, state and local regulations. This may include defining the scope of specific departmental projects, and analyzing requirements to execute those projects successfully.
4. 4. Defines and documents procedures, identifies process and workflow changes for continuous improvement and implements best practices for greater efficiency. Provides process improvement assistance when needed, and evaluates and develops logical workflows where applicable.
5. 5. Collaborates with department senior leadership and/or Chairman to develop short-term and long-range plans. Also serves as primary point-of-contact for interdepartmental communications, where applicable, in order to maintain standards, implement improvements, define and measure progress, and to meet business objectives.
6. 6. Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, and placement and orientation of all faculty and/or staff
A Bachelor's Degree in respiratory care, cardiorespiratory sciences or related area.
Eight years full-time experience in respiratory care including direct clinical experience in hospital based, acute respiratory care. Leadership management experience required
License: New York State Respiratory Therapist