Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social Services (MSH) - Req Number: 2645410
Job Title: Program Coordinator (Visiting Doctors)
The role of the Program Coordinator is to provide leadership and supervision to a group of social workers that are employed in the Visiting Doctors Program. The Program Coordinator is responsible for patient and staff data management that informs complex care coordination. In this role, the Program Coordinator will also provide direct services to patients (approximately 40-50% of the role).
LOCATION: The position is based at 1770 Madison Ave (at 116th Street), Manhattan.
• Provide professional and administrative leadership for social workers responsible for providing complex care coordination services to high risk patients with diverse insurances.
• Participate in program and policy development and monitoring and continuous quality improvement.
• Participate in the development and implementation of ongoing staff educational programs.
• Represent MSVD at multiple meetings and develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of Health System departments and physician and administrative leaders.
• Ability to provide exceptional clinical and administrative supervision and leadership for social workers in highly regulated, outcomes driven enterprise.
• Leadership experience in innovative programs with complex operational and regulatory requirements preferred.
• Exceptional skills in engaging and assessing patients and families and in coordinating of resources within families and hospital and community networks for effective management of patient care.
• Exceptional assessment, organizational, collaborative, communication and presentation skills.
• Experience with and interest in working with a primarily frail, elderly population.
• Excellent interdisciplinary skills to work with MSVD team to assist patients in maintaining or meeting their health goals.
• Experience with home visits preferred.
• Interest in patient care and coordination at the end of life.
• Strong computer literacy: knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, electronic medical record documentation and reporting and ability to learn additional technology systems.
• Hospital experience and experience with care coordination for a high-need Medicare (Fee for Service), Medicaid (Fee for Service and Managed) and the Medicare/Medicaid population preferred.
• Ability to analyze complex data related to patients and staff and develop ideas for implementing programmatic change.
• Experience supervising MSWs and/or social work interns providing complex psychosocial services preferred.