Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physican and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-ras and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and managment of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnositc techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
- Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance
- High School diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited Physican Assistant Program
- Current New York State Physican Assistant License
- Certifications: PA-C from NCCPA, DEA from NYS DOH/Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement, Current Infection Control Certificate, AHA approved BLS and ALS
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Basic skills in MS Outlook, ability to use commerical hospital software systems