Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Manager is responsible for assuring compliance with mandated clinical interventions inclusive of core measures within the department and the Medical Center. This individual interfaces directly with MSMC Departments, Administrators, Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, and Clinical Staff, overseeing administrative and daily operations of the core measures and clinical intervention compliance program.
- In conjunction with Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, coordinates core measures and clinical intervention compliance activities
- .Assists in development and design of action plans to support compliance with measures indicators and provides support and educational resources to departments and services relative to core measures quality assessment and improvement processes.
- Assists in establishing and implementing short and long term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for core measures programs.
- Provides coordination and leadership in the execution of day to day program activities, as appropriate to program objectives and areas of expertise.
- Oversees the collection, compilation, and analysis of clinical program activity data.
- Provides technical assistance, resource services, consultation and education to clinical departments relative to core measures activities.
1) Licensure: New York State License with current registration as a registered professional nurse.
2) Education: Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is required.
Master’s in Nursing or health related field is required
Certification in specialty area preferred.
Progressive managerial and clinical job related experience specific to area of responsibility.
5 years directly related experience (some supervisory preferred)
1. Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
2. Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
3. Building a Successful Team - Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
4. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
5. Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
6. Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
7. Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
8. Driving for Results - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
9. Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
10. Building Partnerships - Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
11. Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness.
12. Gaining Commitment - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
13. Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
14. Physical stamina, dexterity and mental health necessary to coordinate a broad variety of services and programs for designated patient population on a daily basis.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.