Entry level position responsible for clinical care through business and clerical functions; provide office and administrative support and services such as general receptionist duties, maintaining patient charts, and related duties. Registers patients and maintains an accurate patient schedule.
Verify patients’ insurance. Facilitate coordination of patient transfers; act as patient liaison
- All Front Desk duties related but not limited to patient registrations, check-in patients, verifying demographic, insurance and other pertinent data and entering it in local data system (Mosaiq/EPIC)
- Functions as liaison to insurance companies and the Medicaid Eligibility Office, including screening requests for medical necessity, obtaining prior authorizations when required, pre-certifying admissions, and assisting in document collection.
- Maintains census and charge data
- Schedules appropriate tests, medical procedures, and follow-up appointments.
- Assists in chart completion process and working with physicians to complete charts.
- Greets visitors and answers telephones promptly and courteously. Accompanies visitors to appropriate areas as necessary.
- Provides information and makes referrals as appropriate. Work on referral work queues
- Scan all patient information documents into Epic and Mosaiq
- Collects copayments and balance dues from patient at time of visit
- Make weekly reminder phone calls for all new and follow-up patients
- Receives and maintains business office inventory for the care center
- Answers call system and refers to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree in health administration or equivalent
- 1-year previous related work experience preferred