Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Paints ceilings, walls, woodwork and other surfaces; mixes and blends paints; cleans and smooth surfaces, and removes old finishes in preparation for painting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Prepares surfaces for painting; rigs stage or erects scaffolding; washes, cleans and smooth surfaces; fills holes, cracks and other areas with materials such as spackle and plaster; removes old finishes or paint from furniture, equipment and building components.
2. 2. Mixes and blends paints, or thins ready-mixed paint to obtain desired color or consistency. Spreads cloth or canvas to protect floors and furniture from spattered paint. As required, assembles spray gun for spraying operations.
3. 3. Paints, ceilings, walls, woodwork, radiators, furniture, fixtures and other surfaces, using brushes, rollers or sprays. May sandpaper surfaces after each coating, to obtain smooth finish. Cleans and finishes surfaces such as woodwork, floors and equipment, using filler coat, stain, shellac or varnish.
4. 4. Works indoors and outdoors; uses high ladders and scaffolds as required. Insures that work cart is kept supplied with needed items; transports cart to workstations and keeps it within immediate reach at all times. Cleans work areas, tools, equipment and machines.
5. 5. As assigned, performs duties as part of Preventive Maintenance Crew.
6. 6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7.7. Performs minor construction (ie: Farming Sheetrock, flooring, suspended ceiling) as required.
Prior experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.