Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Installs and services plumbing and related fixtures throughout the Hospital. Performs pipe-fitting duties; makes necessary tests to keep plumbing and piping systems in good condition. Performs other duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Lays out, assembles, alters, removes, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixture systems such as sanitary, acid-resistant, heating, drainage, oxygen, vacuum, compresses air, nitrous oxide, standpipe, sprinkler systems, boilers, high and low pressure steam, water supply and other systems, as well as equipment attached.
2. 2. Performs pipe fitting duties; cuts holes in walls, floors and ceilings to gain access to piping; threads, welds, brazes or solders piping systems; properly supports, fastens and insulates piping systems; codes pipes. Installs pipe flanges, gaskets, and bolts into place. Makes up piping installations, including elbows, couplings, valves and other fittings.
3. 3. Installs, changes and repairs traps, hand-operated, solenoid or motorized valves and controls. Cleans drain lines and sanitary lines; removes blockages. Installs or replaces lavatories, water closets, tubs, shower stalls, slop sinks, grease traps and other equipment.
4. 4. Makes hydrostatic and other pressure tests and makes necessary repairs or replacements to keep all systems in efficient working condition. Opens clogged drains with plunger or hand and/or power driven plumber's snake; replaces washers in faucets. Traces and locates service lines as required; reads blueprints. Makes regular inspections of systems as assigned.
5. 5. Performs related duties such as minor carpentry, plastering and painting in connection with plumbing work. Where plumbing work results in major damages to finishes, reports such damage to Supervisor.
High school diploma or GED