Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Performance a variety of maintenance duties including but not limiting to building, maintaining installing, removing, and/or replacing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Performs carpentry duties including but not limited to, constructing, maintaining and repairing structural woodwork, drywall, windows and related hardware work; furniture and equipment
2. 2. Installs, removes and/or replaces vinyl, rubber, floor wall tiles and glazing
3. 3. Performs removal and/or replacing acoustical ceiling tiles and related grid support
4. 4. Builds special equipment of wood or other material, such as display racks, shelves, cases and stands; erects scaffolding and building forms such as those used for pouring concrete
5. 5. Performs higher level of work necessary to complete job
6. 6. Uses independent judgment in planning layout of work-verbal or written instructions
7. 7. Works on projects including the installation of systems and instructions
8. 8. Makes up estimates of materials and tools required for a job
9. 9. Maintains records as required
High School or Trade/Vocational School Diploma
•Must be able to trouble shoot, repair, maintain and install all types of lighting, conduit, controls, motors and related equipment.
•Must also possess a good basic knowledge of air conditioning, plumbing, carpentry and electrical systems.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.