Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under close supervision and in accordance with defined procedures and established schedules and assignments, performs a variety of comprehensive housekeeping cleaning duties throughout the entire hospital complex on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform comprehensive cleaning in all areas of the hospital such as patient’s rooms (including isolation); nurses’ stations; operation rooms; laboratory; radiology; various administrative offices; public lavatory; radiology; various administrative offices; elevators; cafeteria; stairwells; hallways and corridors throughout the hospital, etc.
2. Collect regulated and non-regulated medical waste from work assignment areas and deposit in designated pickup areas.
3. Must observe “Universal Precautions” and all infection control techniques employed by housekeepers in a hospital environment.
4. Interact with all patients, visitors and staff in a pleasant, customer friendly manner, assisting them when possible, or referring them to someone who can.
5. Always be in proper uniform and wearing employee ID when on duty.
6. Vacuum and spot shampoo carpets, rugs, and runners, as well as cloth covered furniture. Clean sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, mirrors, wall & floor vents, and wall mounted light fixtures. Dust, damp wipe, and polish furniture, telephone, TV sets, etc. Spot wash walls, doors, and kick plates on doors.
7. Thoroughly clean, and make up beds in patient rooms after patient discharge. High & low dusting and damp wiping of all horizontal and vertical surfaces, including walls, ceilings and other appurtenances. Clean and replenish hand soap dispensers. Clean, polish & replenish toilet tissue & paper towel dispensers. Clean and polish elevator cabs, their floors, ceilings, walls, tracks, and external doors & metal facings.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED
Must be able to read, write and understand instructions in English
Must be able to climb and lift least 50 lbs.