Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides consultation to business area management and staff at the highest technical level for all aspects of end user computing applications and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades, following proper IT guidelines, best practices and policies.
2. Provides technical support and guidance to client and systems areas through consulting, teaching and publication of documentation.
3. Evaluates, maintains, modifies and documents PC application packages, including remote connectivity products, participates in the testing and evaluation of new PC packages, implements prototypes, and consults with clients on selection of packages and equipment.
4. Utilize Dell Helpdesk reporting tool to obtain and complete daily work assignments.
5. Provide support for Mount Sinai users in remote sites outside the campus, which may require some local travel.
6. Develop screen designs, logic and procedures to provide more efficient operations and utilization.
7. Act as a Project Leader for onsite and remote site projects. Monitors project status from start to completion.
8. May be involved in providing assistance and training to lower level Desktop staff.
9. Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns.
10. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred.
- 4+ years (higher preferred) of experience of programming and analysis experience in end user computing applications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in end user
- computing applications and network-based PC/workstation systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Competency in the support of applications software
- Competency in the support of computer hardware and networking configuration & troubleshooting
- Competency in project management
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of personal computing and network-based PC/workstation systems, hardware and tools, client functions and applications, including remote connectivity products, some supervisory, management and administrative experience, excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff and vendors. Must be flexible regarding duties and hours to cover and willing to travel to the remote locations within the five boroughs.