Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Direct responsibility for the operations (Project Management, Budget, Staffing, and Performance) of Breast Imaging services. Functions as expert consultant to radiology services in the region related to breast imaging. Implements established Radiology management objectives in order to support key operating strategies of the corporate strategic plan.
1. Provide appropriate level of management for all activities in Breast Imaging Section of Radiology. Develops Breast Imaging service goals based on department and organization’s strategic plan.
2. Partners with Regional Administration and systems managers to provide leadership and direction in the operation of the Mammography sections of the regional clinics.
3. Direct responsibility for the planning, scheduling, and procedural changes in Breast Imaging. Provides consultative recommendations in the above areas for regional radiology services.
4. Ensures compliance with licensing and regulatory standards (Federal, State, and ACR) in Mammography including assurance of accurate audit of required statistics. Manage and help implement appropriate data collection of information needed to monitor clinical, operational, and financial outcomes, as well as MQSA QA/QC standards.
5. Direct impact on annual budgeting and cost management in Breast Imaging. Provides input to budgeting related to regional radiology services.
6. Direct responsibility of personnel performance evaluations for Breast Imaging.
7. Collaborates with Regional Radiology managers regarding performance and reviews.
8. Provides assistance in making decisions on appropriate staffing, termination, and other personnel activities. Plans, implements, and evaluates staff development.
9. Develops, implements, and evaluates new and existing programs to ensure high-level of services for Breast Imaging.
10. Maintain and update the Breast Imaging Policy and Procedure manual.
11. Evaluates and makes purchasing recommendations for equipment, as well as assuring appropriate medical supplies are available for services provided in Breast Imaging.
12. Work effectively and provide direct communication with Breast Imaging Radiologists to ensure superior patient care and services.
13. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested, to include but not limited to manage and implementation.
Certificate or Associates degree in Allied Health
2 years supervisory experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.