Dept- 982 - Mt Sinai Assoc-Martins – OFFS
Job Title: Offsite Patient Coordinator
The Offsite Patient Coordinator greets and establishes first contact with patients. This individual confirms and updates patient demographics, performs scheduling and verifies insurance as necessary to ensure that patients have appropriate insurance for physician they are seeing.
- Greets patients either in person or via telephone, and update their insurance/demographics in the practice management system.
- Assures that physician accepts insurance that patients present with. If not already done prior to visit, verify insurance prior to patient’s arrival or at minimum at time of arrival before visit.
- Communicate with appropriate staff regarding patient’s arrival, and ensure that patient’s medical record is available for physician.
- Processes/updates HIPAA-related paperwork and other institutional forms as necessary.
- Collects or retrieves referrals or insurance authorizations as required.
- Reviews status of waiting room on a routine basis and ensure that patients are kept advised of wait times.
- Ensures that patient has paid co-pay or collects co-pay under direction of billing staff, providing patient with receipt following established cash-control processes.
- Schedules patient for follow-up appointment as needed. Provide patient with guidelines for requesting medical records, if necessary.
- May perform simple charge entry tasks or enter payments collected from patients and prepare Cashier’s deposit. Note: duties are mutually exclusive and may not be performed by the same employee.
- Answers phones for practice and schedule appointments
- Follows all HIPAA and any other governmental or state agency requirements regarding the appropriate handling of PHI documents.
- May initiate reminder phones calls for next day appointments.
- Performs other related duties
High School graduate/GED.
1 year physician practice experience
Must have a minimum
of one week training on-site which will be provided by practice.
Prefer experience in a medical office setting, utilizing a computer system for physician scheduling.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.