Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Senior Scientist provides scientific and technical leadership in the management, design and execution of a clinical research program. With a broad range of skills and experience, this individual is a critical component of the Principle Investigator’s laboratory, demonstrating a capacity for collaboration and innovation with consistently high productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and conducts complex clinical research studies requiring the determination and evaluation of alternative methods, diagnosis and treatment
- Analyzes and interprets clinical data from research studies
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and methodology for evaluating results
- Communicates research results to the scientific community via published papers
- Coordinates seminars and discussions for dissemination of knowledge and results of research in order to develop new diagnosis or treatment
- Develops new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/ or continuing research activities
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities
- May supervise graduate/ medical students and trainees
- Performs other related duties
- Doctorate degree (PhD) in sciences or related field
- Minimum five years of experience with scientific investigation
- Must have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a field of research
- Must have contributed to a number of peer-reviewed publications, inventions or the like, at least some of which have had a major impact on advancing the field or discipline
- Prior experience successfully securing external grant funding is highly desirable
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.