Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Assistant Director will be an integral member of the Mount Sinai Innovation Partners ("MSIP") team serving the advancement of Mount Sinai’s research, educational, and public service missions through strategic partnerships with industry, and foster innovation and entrepreneurship within the Mount Sinai life sciences ecosystem.
Candidate will work with senior leadership and play a critical role in facilitating a collaborative culture; act as a visible leader, interacting with members of the Mount Sinai and MSIP community at all levels, engaging with the external community, and serving as a proxy for the Executive Vice-President ("EVP") when needed; and serve on MSIP’s cross-functional boards and committees.
Responsible for managing projects both up and across functions and levels to ensure alignment – enabling and ensuring collaboration throughout the project development cycle. This position also facilitates and advances planning and execution, ensuring projects maintain momentum towards delivery targets.
- Work closely with MSIP EVP, MSIP management team, and institutional leadership to advance partnerships, conversations, and engagements in support of MSIP goals and mission. Advise the EVP on the high-level strategic and administrative direction.
- Advance and support business development and commercial innovation initiatives.
- The candidate will build, scale, expand, and deepen relationships that lead to the advancement of MSIP commercial innovation and business development initiatives.
- Foster and cultivate relationships with those reporting into EVP and others across the organization to influence outcomes, and serve as the point of contact for all matters related to EVP activity and projects, and provide direction and guidance to accelerate workflow.
- Responsible for overseeing, guiding, and monitoring information flow: ensuring EVP’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
- Responsible for identifying business and partnership opportunities, and develop and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of networks, internal and external, to promote and advance MSIP’s agenda. Additionally, the candidate will organize, onboard, and offer continued support to internal and external partners, and manage the logistics of Mount Sinai and partner engagements, including coordinating visits.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between MSIP and the Office of Development; facilitate, identify, and advance philanthropic partnerships and MSIP relevant philanthropic opportunities.
- In partnership with MSIP team, execute EVP’s annual outreach plan and coordinate activities (e.g., external conferences such as JP Morgan and Bio, speaking engagements, impactful external engagement activities)
- Partner with MSIP Marketing and Outreach team on projects and program execution.
- Project management: At least seven years’ of experience in an advisory capacity; demonstrated success managing large-scale projects including setting goals, establishing timelines, and meeting deliverables; diplomacy, tact, and ability to present compelling arguments; ability to represent Mount Sinai and MSIP on the world stage, think strategically, set priorities and coordinate multiple tasks, build consensus, negotiate, work across boundaries, meet competing deadlines, and deliver results.
- Organizational Excellence: Superior organizational skills, with an ability to work independently, meet deadlines, exercise considerable judgment, discretion, and imitative in coordinating and overseeing the work of others, and in managing multiple projects to completion
- Relationship Skills: Ability to effectively engage, relate to, and negotiate with senior faculty, administrators, and outside stakeholders; effective presentation and oral and written communication skills; ability to both work independently and collaborate within a decentralized environment; strong leadership, program management, organizational, relationship- and network-building, and mentoring skills; and the ability to develop and communicate big picture and long-term goals, foster an environment where innovative solutions and approaches are pursued, and generate win-win solutions.
- Strategic Partner: Demonstrated ability advising senior executives in how best to advance priorities and proposals. Proven success offering solutions and taking ownership of activities that create insights and bandwidth for leadership to have a greater strategic focus.
- Institutional Knowledge: Experience in an academic medical environment desired; operating knowledge of Mount Sinai Health System infrastructure and environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree requirement. Advanced degree and certifications in organizational, management, and leadership studies are preferred, as is experience serving leadership committees and/or executive boards.
- The candidate must be comfortable to communicate effectively at all levels, especially with senior and executive-level leadership, internally and externally.
- The candidate is ambitious, independent, and dedicated; you’re willing to get hands-on solving any problems needing help to move forward.