Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Assistant Nurse
Manager is a Registered Professional Nurse with broad knowledge and skills who
acts as clinical leader in the daily functioning of the unit and oversight of
quality patient care delivery, in conjunction with, or in the absence of, the Clinical
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. PATIENT CARE
1. Leads nursing practice using the tenets of the Professional Practice Model of Relationship Centered Care and the Care Delivery Model of Modified Primary Nursing for the promotion of the patient experience.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of Purposeful Hourly Rounding (PHR) and role models expected behaviors.
quantitative and qualitative information regarding the patient experience and
staff engagement to the staff and the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team that
leads to the development and implementation of an action plan.
4. Collaborates with the physician dyad and escalates concerns as appropriate.
5. Follows up on all patient concerns in a timely manner and provides service recovery as needed.
6. Huddles with staff at the start of each shift, identifying high-risk patients who require special attention.
7. Considers the patient’s values, preferences, cultural diversity, expressed needs and knowledge in all aspects of care.
8. Evaluates nursing staff performance and mentors, coaches, counsels and disciplines staff as needed.
Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing required (BSN); Masters in nursing or health related field preferred
Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice assigned
- NYS RN License and Registration
Minimum of 3-5 years’ clinical experience in Dialysis
Previous Charge Nurse experience preferred.