Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, revise and evaluate standards of care
- Assist in the selection of supplies, technology and
- Assure appropriate rental product utility while
maintaining optimal patient safety and
- Develop, provide and evaluate staff education programs,
ie. Orientation, inservices and continuing education
- Demonstrates competent level of technical skill
- Conducts health assessment interview focused on wound,
ostomy, continence related care
- Performs focused physical assessment.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Develops plan of care based on the diagnosis and
- Prescribes medications and treatments as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and
makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated.
- Records, reports and interprets the client’s responses
to the plan of
- Teaches, counsels, and assists individuals and families
to assume responsibility for prevention of complications as they relate to
patients with ostomies, wounds, or continence
- Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing required
(BSN); Masters in nursing or health related field preferred.
- Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing
- NYS RN License and Registration
- WOCN certification
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.