Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Technology Transactions Manager (‘TTM’) at
Mount Sinai Innovation Partners (‘MSIP’) is responsible for drafting,
negotiating, and rapidly iterating a variety of contracts and other binding
agreements that enable scientific discovery and innovation for the School of
Medicine, including: Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements,
Collaboration and Consortium Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, as well
as review and negotiation of intellectual property licenses in collaboration
with business development directors. The TTM has an advanced understanding of
basic science and research methods, intellectual property, contracts law, and
deal making in the technology commercialization space. In addition to the
foregoing, the TTM provides a supporting role with respect to intellectual
property issues for agreements handled by the President’s Office, the FACTS
Office (i.e. clinical trials), the Grants and Contracts Office, as well as the
Conflicts of Interest Office. The TTM regularly collaborates with Mount Sinai
investigators, the MSIP Business Development Team, and third-party constituents
to establish mutually agreeable terms that facilitate the research activity,
optimize its value, and protect the interests the institutions. The TTM reports
to the Associate Director of Technology Transactions.
The TTM is an experienced contracts strategist, a prolific executer, a relationship-builder, and a problem-solver with advanced emotional intelligence, exceptional communication and organization skills, and the ability to effectively work with a diverse set of individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates, and executes terms and conditions for all research-enabling agreements, as well as intellectual property licenses.
- Reviews and manages the work of the Contracts Associate(s) and Paralegal(s).
- Monitors and reports process activity (i.e., volumes, durations, quality, and satisfaction); participates in and/or leads process improvement projects; pursues process automations; and, ensures data completeness and accuracy in the system of record (Inteum).
- Creates and maintain agreement templates and other process tools.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Participates in/contributes to Business Development Team activities, like: Decision Meetings, customer meetings, outreach and seminars, etc., and other MSIP projects and initiatives.
- Other relevant duties as assigned
For more information about Mount Sinai Innovations Partners, visit www.ip.mountsinai.org
- JD, or equivalent contract drafting and execution experience
- 5 years contracting or law, preferably related to technology commercialization or IP
- Advanced knowledge of standard office software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to establish and execute priorities
- Ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment, negotiating a high-volume and variety of agreements, while creatively maneuvering obstacles and adhering to policy and procedure
- Flexibility and ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently and ability to act cooperatively with many individuals
- Ability to cultivate and maintain healthy and productive relationships with faculty, commercial sponsors, outside counsel and Mount Sinai staff and leadership
- Detail-oriented and ability to perform with accuracy
- Positive, energetic, team-oriented with a professional outlook