Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Biomedical Software Developer participates in full life cycle application development; designs and support complex scientific software development and deployment for basic and clinical research studies. The Biomedical Software Developer interacts with researchers and provides technical expertise and develops successful solutions.
- Take ownership as lead developer of shared Institute informatics software packages such as co-expression analysis, causality inference testing, etc. Work with Institute researchers to make usability, performance and algorithmic improvements to these applications, and then to apply these tools to datasets of interest.
- Work with Institute researchers and Institutional collaborators to mine the Mt. Sinai Data Warehouse/Electronic Medical Record system for novel clinical insight. This will include developed and applying machine learning algorithms and other data mining
- Contribute to a professional software engineering culture including participating code reviews, mentoring junior developers and other activities that help improve the Institute's software engineering capabilities.
- As appropriate write and or contribute to scientific publications and when needed, contribute to grants applications.
- Performs other duties as required.
Senior computer scientists with M.S. or equivalent in CS, Electrical Engineering or related field
5 years of experience developing, architecting and managing the development of numerical software in C/C++ and or Java. Should have strong record of successfully developing and shipping complex software packages.
Superior interpersonal/analytical skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.