Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager III provides support from a
program management perspective for the improvement of Health System quality and
clinical operations effectiveness. The Project Manager focuses on new
initiatives to integrate clinical innovation and operations. This individual
reviews, analyzes and evaluates the business needs and will serve as the
liaison between the business and the clinical teams. He/she is responsible for
creating and refining clinical, business and health system requirement, and
will work closely with internal team members, stakeholders, collaborators, and
participating facilities to ensure that projects are conducted in a timely
manner in order to achieve goals within defined budgets by creating POCs,
Project Charters and Work Breakdown Structures.
The Project Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Clinical Operations. The Project Manager will play a pivotal role in a dynamic, clinical/operational environment by serving as an operations point of contact in the management of clinical operations initiatives. They will oversee the daily operations and management of multiple programs/projects/initiatives. The Project Manager will plan, manage and execute performance improvement plans and activities in support of the Clinical Operations Department, and demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects across the Health System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Demonstrates the ability to assure compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
2. 2. Analyzes business needs and ensure that functional and technical requirements are documented.
a. Develop POCs, Project Charters, Project and Business Plans.
b. Identify project stakeholders; determine their needs and expectations for project success.
c. Develop communication strategy and establish communication plan.
d. Perform necessary investigations, analyses, and evaluations to determine project feasibility.
e. Prepare routine project status reports.
f. Ensure facility resources meet site management, information technology, and data monitoring objectives.
g. Provide regular project status information to team members, including attending required meetings and follow-up on action items.
h. Ensure adherence to protocols, procedures, and project plans.
i. Establish project goals and measurements of success.
j. Ensure each project deliverable has clear completion criteria and acceptance plan.
k. Participate in identification, evaluation, and selection of pilot sites.
l. Ensure all projects have a clear education and training component.
m. Maintains all relevant documentation and communications as part of program library.
3. 3. Provides direction and support to the project team ensuring the team is informed of all project changes, decisions, etc. that may affect the success of the project.
4. 4. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships within the system in order to obtain information and content from providers and colleagues to foster successful project completion.
5. 5. Supports short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing, and maintaining project information and models. Develops and implements effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
6. 6. Develops and manages best-practices and tools for performance improvement, plan execution, and management. Identifies and manages performance improvement dependencies and critical path issues.
7. 7. Serves as an operational resource for internal team members for expedited problem identification and resolution, provision of project-specific updates, and team interactions and deadlines.
8. 8. Coordinates project site monitoring activities, and may participate in site monitoring associated with initiation, interim, closeout, and audit visits as required.
9. 9. Adheres and assists with clinical operations and project specific quality documents (for example: SOPs, work plans/practices, training guides).
10. 10. Provides adjunct analysis of the business and/or clinical processes related to a project in order to inform the project plan and assist the Vice President with information to make decisions to move the project to successful implementation.
11. 11. Serves as the liaison by understanding and interpreting business requirements, mapping process models, designing technical solutions to satisfy requirements, and completing formal system piloting.
12. 12. Supports the Vice President to achieve project goals for submission and approvals, facility initiation, source document verification, data monitoring, ownership and accountability, and facility/site closure.
13. 13. Collects, organizes, and summarizes materials for presentations by the Vice President as needed. The Senior Manager is also expected to play a role in presenting data and analyses to key stakeholder groups independently, as requested.
14. 14. Provides adjunct analyses of the business and/or clinical processes related to a project in order to inform the project plan and assist the Vice President with information to make decisions to move the project to successful implementation.
15. 15. Develops or assists in the development of work plans, task sequencing, and runs test cases to evaluate the extent of how tasks may be performed concurrently.
16. 16. Supports short and long term operational/strategic business activities by developing, enhancing and maintaining project information and models. Also develops and implements effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
17. 17. Demonstrates the ability to coordinate or manage multiple projects across the Health System.
18. 18. Develops a budget for the project and is responsible for the allocation of resources. Ensures all staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project are met. Ensures all staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project are met. May contribute to the performance evaluation of the employees associated with the project and may evaluate vendors and consultants and their effectiveness and ability to deliver as promised.
19. 19. Works with project team subordinates to set meaningful performance objectives; sets specific performance goals and identifies measures for evaluating goal achievement. Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
20. 20. Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities. Communicates high expectations; links performance improvement and skill development to relevant personal and business goals; checks for understanding of and commitment to performance and development goals as well as follow-up activities.
21. 21. Provides guidance and positive models to help others develop; seeks suggestions for improving performance; collaboratively creates development plans that include activities targeted to specific goals; leverages environmental supports and removes development barriers; advocates for individual to higher levels of management to create development opportunities. Ensures that those responsible for implementing a strategic initiative have role clarity and accountability for required actions and outputs as well as the authority to act in a way consistent with organizational values.
BA/BS Information Technology, Science or Business Administration Degree, required. Experience with Database languages esp SQL. Master’s degree or equivalent experience in any of the following areas strongly preferred: MPA, MPH, MBA.
7 years experience, preferred specifically in in clinical informatics, healthcare operations, information technology, marketing and/or related functions. Clinical and/or operational healthcare experience in the areas of project management, change management, health care management preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.