Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Clinical Research Manager has oversight of the research projects within a department or division. Assists the Principal Investigator (P.I.) in preparing and negotiating clinical trials care delivery, patient eligibility, budgets, adequate staffing and all related HR activity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and evaluates standards of care of professional practice in collaboration with members of the team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agencies requirements
- Coordinates care delivery and the assignment of staff based upon identified needs and competency for optimal unit operations
- Collaborates with members of the team in program development, consultation, and the planning and delivery of optimal unit operations
- Facilitates timely and responsive communication and proactive responsible decision making
- Assures availability of human and material resources for safe, competent and effective delivery
- Develops and implements ongoing quality improvement activities. Ensures safe, efficient and quality patient care by following the medical center’s policies and protocols
- Identifies, responds to and investigates potential and actual risk management issues
- Assists with human resources, including recruitment and training
- Responsible for, under the direction of the director, strategic planning and program development
- Responsible for protocol development, ensuring compliance with approvals; works side-by-side with the director on data analysis
- Develops and maintains systems which support efficient and effective functioning of designated clinical areas
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in sciences or related
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated clinical competence in nursing practice
- Experience in managing and financial management
- Ability to motivate, develop and coach individuals
- Experience: 5 years of experience in a hospital/medical/research environment
- Supervisor experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.