Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Join the research team of Dr. Benjamin tenOever (www.mssm.edu/tenOever; Twitter: @virusninja) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The laboratory is interested in how viruses interact with their hosts and is presently very involved in research for COVID-19. We are looking for a laboratory administrator who can aid in submitting grants, generating budgets, and helping with placing orders for the lab. Management duties will also include laboratory ordering and help maintaining the lab calendar for seminars, lab meetings, and other events (including the lab website). We are really looking for someone who can integrate into the lab and serve a supportive role to ensure the program continues to move forward in a cost-effective and productive manner.
The "Program Manager I" is responsible
for providing administrative, operational and programmatic oversight. The
"Program Manager I" will have a thorough knowledge of institutional
and sponsored program policies and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversees and manages grant/contract activities, including regulatory submissions
- Implements program goals, strategies, and objectives
- Develops and schedules a program work plan in accordance with specifications, objectives and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates program activities
- Maintains liaison with staff in other departments/offices to coordinate program activities; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized
- Administers program procedures
- Confers with and advises staff and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals and policy interpretations; refers to appropriate department or person when unable to respond
- Takes an active role in developing the program budgets and grants. May monitor, verify and oversee the reconciliation of budget expenditures
- May collaborate with program leadership to prepares proposals for corporate and foundation funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors/donors
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or greater) in biology or related field is preferred, or a combination of applicable experience and education
- Experience: 3+ years (higher preferred) of experience managing and administrating program activities for assigned area
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in scientific lab administration highly favored
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.