Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The candidate will perform highly skilled molecular biology experiments involving modeling of human cancer in the mouse, sample processing for next-generation sequencing and data analysis for drug development for an oncology lab. The work involves the standard molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, cell culture and western blotting as multi-parameter flow-cytometry. It will involve teaching and supervision of trainees rotating through the lab in their experiments. In addition, the candidate will prepare figures for manuscripts and grants and present findings at lab meetings.
1. Conducts a variety of research experiments using advanced research techniques.
2. Coordinates project activities to meet deadlines.
3. Collaborates with the Principal Investigator in the development of new experiments and research techniques.
4. Assists in the implementation of standardized protocols for experiments and training purposes.
5. Assists the Principal Investigator with publications by extracting and compiling data; reviewing and editing articles for publication.
6. Mentors and trains less experienced research staff and graduate students.
7. Ensures compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Doctoral Degree in cell biology or related field. Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of molecular biology concepts, sample processing for genomics analysis and transgenic mouse concepts.
5 yrs in a research environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.