Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Assistant Supervisor operates in a lead capacity and assists in the oversight of operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes. Responsible for patient treatment in preparing the patient for radiological procedures and adhering to safety measures to ensure compliance with regulations and the safety of patients and staff.
Responsible for conducting all daily quality control checks on the imaging and film developing equipment, and maintaining documentation of same. Works closely with the physicians and the service technician to maintain and improve image quality. Checks all lead garments as required and maintains documentation of such. Also compiles monthly statistics. And other assigned duties.
1. Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
2. Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
3 Supervise and coordinate the work activities of subordinates
4. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors. Adheres to established infection control policies and procedures.
5. Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; processing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
6. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records (including the completion and verification of exams.
7. Functions in a Lead role and mentors/assists in supervision of less experienced X-Ray technical staff.
Graduate of an AMA approved school or radiologic technology.
5 years of experience preferred
New York State Radiologic Technologist License
Certification as a Registered Technologist – American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT)
Knowledge of Microsoft office and RIS
Excellent written and oral communication