Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The primary purpose of your job position is to establish and monitor therapeutic plans of care utilizing available support staff to maximize the delivery of therapeutic services with significant outcome in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
1. Evaluate, establish, implement, and monitor therapeutic plans of care. 10.Provide guidance and training for new and less experienced staff
2. Monitor and effectively document pant patient care and progress.
3. Design functional maintenance programs.
4. Complete all paperwork accurately and timely
5. Supervise therapy assistants and rehab aides' performance and provide instructive input.
6. Provide educational inservices to patients, families, and staff as appropriate.
7. Communicate effectively and regularly to interdisciplinary team regarding resident's status and discharge plans.
8. Assist in interpreting policies and procedures to staff, patients, and family members as necessary.
9. Maintain treatment records and progress notes as required
Clinical knowledge obtained from an accredited OT program.
Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in OT from an accredit college or university.
Working knowledge of Medicare guidelines and state regulatory agency requirements. Must be knowledgeable of OT practice acts and procedures.
Must have a current NY State Occupational Therapist license
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.