Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Albrecht research group within the Department of Microbiology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai invites applicants for an Associate Researcher position to study host responses to viral respiratory pathogens. Duties will include molecular cloning, tissue culture, western blotting, immunofluorescence assays, and other biochemical assays. Responsibilities will be modified as the technician gains experience in our lab.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As directed by supervisor, the Associate Researcher conducts routine and standardized experiments using appropriate research techniques specific to subject matter of the research project
- Analyzes and assists in interpreting laboratory results of moderate complexity; maintains laboratory notebook
- Performs assays to support research studies
- Maintains laboratory environment and assists in the upkeep of appropriate inventory; may include ordering of supplies
- Logs and tests samples; prepares and submits laboratory materials and specimens for shipment
- Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation; review scientific publications and protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or other scientific disciplines in a related field or equivalency required; knowledge of laboratory techniques, safety, equipment, terminology, materials and substances. Skilled in the use of laboratory equipment, proficiency with Microsoft Office; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills
- Experience: 0-2 year of research/laboratory experience
- Preferences: Demonstrated skill in written and verbal communication, Demonstrated ability to work independently and ask for guidance when needed, Experience with bacterial cloning and molecular techniques, Experience with tissue culture
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.