Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Data Coordinator extracts data and generates highly complex reports as required. The Data Coordinator ensures the accuracy of the data and acts as a resource to all users of the database.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Builds automated systems and generates automated reports
- Anticipates how new data structures and data elements may cause automated systems and reports to crash
- Builds fail-safes for automated systems and automated reports
- Uses best practices to detect errors in databases and reports and disseminates knowledge of these errors to all concerned parties
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience programming with SAS® or SAS® Enterprise Guide® and using SAS® software to generate automated reports
- Collects data and generates highly complex reports as required, including internal reporting as requested by management. Prepares and submits reports to regulatory agencies or accrediting agencies. Reports are submitted timely and accurately according to current standards and regulations
- Assists in developing tools for data collection
- Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management. Disseminates relevant information to all concerned parties
- Reviews and audits database on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of data. Makes corrections and additions to database records as required
- Implements solutions for any data management problems. May develop training tools and update procedure manuals
- Assists in the design or designs basic databases, or custom applications to ensure the database meets the needs of all levels of staff
- Assists staff with technical problems related to the database
- Uses in-depth knowledge of the database to extract data and generate required reports and queries for statistical analyses in varying formats as requested. Implements changes to reports as required by regulatory and/or accrediting agencies
- Updates database as required and acts as a liaison with IT with any more complex technical problems or software updates
- May access data in the Data Warehouse
- Performs other duties as required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience/education required
- Experience: 3-5 years of database experience required. (Master’s and 2-3 years experience)
- Some experience in medical research setting (preferred, not required)
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.