The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Patient Experience (PX) Improvement Coach delivers standardized Patient Experience training curriculum to improve employee communication with the goal of improving the patient experience as evidenced by patient satisfaction surveys and patient / family member feedback. The PX Improvement Coach provides classroom-style training of communication best practices, facilitates group discussion, and leads participants in developing effective communication skills. Additionally, the PX Improvement Coach conducts experiential-based skills development training with frontline staff through role playing and simulated patient interactions to facilitate the adoption of communication best practices by employees. This position reports directly to the Director of Patient Experience.
1. Presents standardized Patient Experience improvement curriculum in classroom setting with small-to-medium sized groups.
2. Facilitates group discussions and activities during classroom training sessions regarding communication best practices.
3. Conducts skills-based training and coaching with frontline staff through role-playing and simulated patient interactions to improve communication skills with patients / family members.
4. Observes staff in actual patient interactions to assess adoption of evidence-based communication best practices. Provides constructive feedback to employee; shares findings with employee’s manager.
5. Effectively explains how improving the Patient Experience improves patient outcomes, patient safety, and employee satisfaction.
6. Provides regular and consistent updates to the Director on all training activities; shares pre- and post-training survey feedback and data and tracks employee participation.
7. Supports service recovery initiatives.
8. Functions as a resource to the Director in delivering Patient Experience training.
9. Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring:
1. Ability to learn standardized curriculum, fully adopt communication best practices, and effectively deliver training materials (presentations and simulations) as designed.
2. Strong verbal and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively deliver standardized presentations to frontline staff.
3. Consistently role models exceptional service behaviors and communication with patients/family members and coworkers.
4. Attentive to details.
5. Quickly establishes trusting relationships with staff.
6. Incorporates the use of storytelling to promote employee engagement with patients/families.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.