Mount Sinai Careers
PER DIEM RN - OR
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients.
- Circulate and Scrub in the Operating Room (ortho, neuro, gyn, general surgery, laparoscopic procedures)
- Provide professional nursing care to Operating Room patients, including documentation, assist MD’s and Surgeons. Assist in quality improvement process program.
- Utilize the nursing process in all aspects of care delivery. Ability to intervene in cardiac arrest, pain management, management of all categories of diseases and surgical procedures.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and pressured environment.
- Holding room desk responsibilities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor of Science preferred, CNOR preferred. Current NYS RN license.
- Minimum 2-3 years of recent experience as a Scrub Nurse in the Operating Room Required.
- ACLS, BLS,
- Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice. Special skills/experience may be required in specialized areas.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.