Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Clinical Nurse Educator / RN - Oncology - Full Time - Days
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Ensure delivery of patient care by learners is consistent with the Philosophy and Goals of the Division of Nursing Department, and the Patient Care Unit.
- Leads nursing practice using the tenets of the Professional Practice Model of Relationship Centered Care and the Care Delivery Model of Modified Primary Nursing for the promotion of the patient experience.
- Communicates quantitative and qualitative information regarding the patient experience to the staff and the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager/physician dyad and escalates concerns as appropriate.
- Demonstrates caring, respect, compassion, empathy and active listening through dialogue, body language and actions.
- Participates in and assists staff with nursing standards, patient education, discharge planning, and continuity of care.
- Provides clinical supervision/support to staff for new skills as needed. Assigns learners to patients based on their qualifications/competencies, learning needs assessment, patient needs and ability to provide/maintain quality patient care and satisfaction. Collaborates with preceptors as appropriate.
- Collaborates with preceptors, staff, nursing management, and other disciplines as appropriate for patient care services and patient education.
- Licensed as a registered nurse with current registration in New York State
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Education required
- Certification in Oncology Nursing required
- Five (5) years nursing experience in an identified area of clinical specialty is required
- Two (2) years teaching and/or leadership experience preferred
- MS Office Suite – intermediate
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.