Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Radiology - REQ: 69553
Job Title: Supervisor Mammography
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for orientation and training of new employees. Reviews policies and set expectation of new staff.
- Establishes and maintains the Mammography Quality Control Program. Assures accurate and timely maintenance of records regarding equipment and test results.
- Establishes and maintains the Quality Assurance Mammography Audit. Sets up systems/processes to ensure proper documentation and communication of patient care to appropriate individuals.
- Makes recommendations for equipment purchases, facility designs and staffing needs. Assists in the development of the annual operating and capital budget for Breast Center. Orders appropriate supplies as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies by monitoring operations, services and equipment of department on a continual basis. Initiates and implements corrective action as needed.
- Prepares Breast Center for MQSA and JCAHO inspections and ensures area is compliant with established standards.
- Oversees ACR accreditation of department.
- Observes and reports any malfunctioning of the equipment
- Maintains cleanliness of radiographic area
- Notifies appropriate persons in case of missing or damaged equipment
- Attends in-service programs and conferences to increase current skills and knowledge
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiology Technology.
- Five years’ experience performing mammography procedures with two years supervisory experience.
- Familiar with local, state and federal and regulatory agency requirements.
- NYS Radiologic Technologist license, ARRT or ASRT in Mammography
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.