Mount Sinai Careers
Director of Quality Initiatives (RN; CPHQ pref.) - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
- Oversee the coordination of quality improvement activities in keeping with the strategic vision of the Medical Center and direct the operations of the Department of Quality Improvement.
- Oversees the coordination of activities for the QI program for all divisions of the hospital
- Coordinates and directs activities in the Department of Quality Improvement to ensure provision of an effective Quality Improvement program.
- Develops goals and objectives for the department that assure alignment with the strategic initiatives of the organization as well as compliance with Federal, State and Joint Commission standards.
- Designs, develops, implements and evaluates quality improvement policies, procedures, and documentation tools.
- Develops, implements, and monitors a capital and operating budget for the department.
- Interviews, hires, trains, assigns and monitors productivity of staff , develops performance plans and evaluates the performance of all staff.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with staff at all levels of the institution regarding quality improvement.
- Maintains current knowledge of Quality Improvement information, Patient Safety, and Regulations to serve as an advisor to all personnel including the Medical Staff and Senior Management.
- Oversee and direct the flow of information through the quality structure.
- Facilitate and oversee follow-up for performance measurement for all quality initiatives.
- Oversee and coordinates projects related to benchmarking opportunities (both internal and external).
- Oversees the completion of the Core Measures Project and reports to senior leadership as appropriate.
- Coordinates the Performance Improvement activities related to Joint Commission surveys and accreditation.
- Oversee the quality improvement aspects of Joint Commission's “Sentinel Event Reporting” and the DOH's NYPORTS Program including Root Cause Analysis.
- Coordination of follow-up for quality of care denials.
- Train and educate staff on all levels regarding principles of QI, and quality improvement process including teaching workshops (i.e. QI, Data Management) and orientations (New Employee/Managers/Housestaff).
- Joint Commission/Regulatory liaison back-up to the regulatory Vice President
- Masters Degree in a health related field.
- 5 years minimum in the health care field with an emphasis on quality improvement. Knowledge of Joint Commission/NYSDOH requirements. Strong organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively and work in conjunction with various professional and departmental groups. Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Current RN license preferred.
- Certificate in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.