Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
NURSE PRACTITIONER - Emergency Dept - Full-time
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Nurse Practitioner who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients.
- Develop, revise and evaluate standards of care, assist in the selection of supplies, technology and equipment.
- Conducts health assessment interview
- Performs focused physical assessment
- Develops plan of care based on the diagnosis and individual client needs
- Prescribes medications and treatments as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated,
- Records, reports and interprets the client’s responses to the plan of care
- Teaches, counsels, and assists individuals and families to assume responsibility for prevention of complications
- Serves as a role model and resource person for professional and paraprofessional staff.
What You’ll Bring:
- Current NY State Registered Nurse License and Registration,
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program,
- At least two years of nursing experience, Nurse Practitioner experience of a least one year preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership ability. Effective organization skills. Effective interpersonal skills. Computer skills. Ability to problem solve using critical thinking
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.