Mount Sinai Careers
Emergency Room Liaison- Emergency Department- Full Time Days
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Emergency Room Liaison drives the flow of Patients and family through the Emergency Department. The Emergency Room Liaison works in collaboration and continuous partnership with chronically ill or “high-risk” patients and their family/caregiver(s), clinic/hospital/specialtyproviders and staff, and community resources in a team approach to:
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for patients, care team, family/caregiver(s), payers, and community resources
- Work with patients to plan and monitor care for appropriate follow up after discharge from Emergency Department
- Facilitate patient access to appropriate medical and specialty providers
- Educate patient and family/caregiver(s) about relevant community resources
- Facilitate and attend meetings between patient, family/caregiver(s), care team, payers, and community resources, as needed
- Cultivate and support primary care and specialty provider co-management with timely communication, inquiry, follow-up, and integration of information into the patient care plan regarding transitions-in-care and referrals
- Core values consistent with a patient- and family-centered approach to care
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates preferred.
- The position requires the incumbent be able to lift heavy boxes up to 50 pounds and assist in moving patients.
- Client service skills - Consistently ensures the team provides the client with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
- Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
- Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.