Mount Sinai Careers
BUSINESS ASSOCIATE - Part Time - Evenings
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Emergency Department Business Associate is responsible for handling the business aspects of a patients Emergency Room visit, as well as patient focused care within the Medical Center. The Emergency Department (ED) is a dynamic 24/7, high volume and acuity area.
- Accurately gathers and inputs patient’s information into the registration system
- Conducts interviews to confirm, verify, and/or update the patients’ demographics within the registration system. This includes obtaining a patient’s identification record
- Collaborates with all clinical and non-clinical hospital teams to ensure safe, timely, and quality care for our Emergency Department (ED) patients
- Greets all patients and establish first non-clinician contact with ED patients
- Scans and index’s all necessary patient documents within the scanning system.
- Performs Point of Service Collections for all patients as necessary by collecting both full and partial payments for ED services.
- Assist with the ED visit completion process by maintaining and discharging charts in the proper order and compiling deficiency data.
planning of all ED patients
- High School Diploma required
- Associates degree or higher education preferred
- Strong customer service experience in a healthcare, hospital setting preferred
- Ability to multi-task and strong clerical skills such as; answering heavy phone line system, email correspondence, faxing, etc.
- Strong organization abilities and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Work experience with Eagle preferred
- Ability to type at least 25 words per minute
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
To provide clerical support for clinical and ancillary staff in delivering quality patient care. High School graduate or equivalent education. Computer skills and strong communication skills. Two years of Ambulatory Care clerical experience or equivalent.