Mount Sinai Careers
RN/Registered Nurse (Ambulatory Surgery) - Per Diem - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
A nursing career on the cutting edge
Mount Sinai. Wear the badge of excellence.
All day. Every Day. You work tirelessly to treat our patients. You build and foster meaningful relationships. You strike the right balance between empathy and excellence, compassion and professionalism.
By combining autonomous, passionate caregiving with state-of-the-art technology, you are winning awards, advancing patient care and crafting the future of your nursing practice in the 21st century.
You are a Mount Sinai Nurse.
Nurses are the heart of healthcare - compassionate collaborators with valued expertise and voices who provide and coordinate relationship-centered care on a 24/7 basis. You are empowered to build harmonious partnerships on behalf of each patient and family member that entrust us with their care.
What you'll bring to succeed
· A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care
· At least one year of acute care RN experience required; extraordinary New Graduate RN's will be considered
· Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice is critical for success; new graduates should possess current knowledge of the nursing of the nursing care delivery model and its application
· Medical / Surgical RN experience preferred
· BLS / BCLS certification required
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions
· Exception: Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing graduates considered for identified specialized areas of practice; Current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire is required for consideration
· Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license (or willingness and eligibility to obtain)
What you'll do
· The Clinical Nurse – Med/Surg (M/S) is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
· As an Adult Medical Surgical Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for managing the care of the adult patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures
· Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
· Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
· Provides direct, continuous care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process - based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards
· Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
· The Adult Med/Surg RN reports directly to the Medical Surgical Nurse Manager.
Why work with us.
Expanding the possibilities
Here, innovation is valued and collaboration is more than a buzzword. The health system is full of friendly, helpful people who share a common devotion to delivering extraordinary patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home-culturally, ethnically, in outlook and lifestyle. Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefit package package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
Strength Through Diversity
We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and always aim to make our employees feel valued and appreciated. We believe that diversity is a driver for excellence. Therefore, regardless of your age, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, military/veteran status, disability status, religious belief or other defining characteristics, we value the impact your differences have on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to be named to the 2016 Diversity Inc “Top 3 Hospitals and Health Systems” list.EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans