Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Medical Records Clerk (Mount Sinai West) Part-Time, Day Shift, Weekends/Holidays
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Performs complex clerical duties requiring independent judgment relating to the preparation, processing, and maintenance of medical records for the Outpatient Department.
- Process, analyzes and reviews charts for completeness on deficiency lists and entering and updating information.
- Assembles medical records by placing forms in pre-established chart order.
- Prepares and organizes medical records for requestors
- Maintains incomplete medical records file and assists physician in chart completion activities.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Two to three years in medical record department or related area.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to type 20-30 words per minute.
- Data entry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of general coding principles preferred.
- Every weekend and holidays required.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
To perform complex clerical duties requiring independent judgment relating to the storage, retrieval and maintenance of medical records. Minimum 2 to 3 years-medical records experience. PC skills for data entry a must. Must be knowledgeable in medical terminology. Ability to communicate with health care practitioners, medical staff, hospital staff, patients and their families to obtain and provide information. High School diploma or equivalent required. One year course in medical terminology and anatomy.