Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assistant Chief Physician Assistant - OTP / MMTP Behavioral Health - MSBI
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Addiction Insitute- REQ #71077
The Addiction Institute of Mount Sinai – Beth Israel (AIMS-BI) offers the full range of addiction treatment services from Ambulatory Withdrawal Management and Outpatient Rehabilitation to inpatient detoxification and rehabilitation. In addition, our system includes the largest Opioid Treatment Program in the country.
At Addiction Institute of Mount Sinai Beth Israel our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team with a common goal to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
The OTP Assistant Chief PA is responsible for developing, maintaining and supervising a compliment of Physician Assistants and supervising Physician Assistants to provide medical services to the MSBI OTP. Is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
What You’ll Do:
· Demonstrate the ability to work with administration to achieve departmental goals.
· Demonstrate excellent patient care and able to teach/mentor Physician Assistants.
· Demonstrate the ability to monitor the competence of all OTP Physician Assistants (PA’s).
· Actively recruit qualified Physician Assistants to fill vacancies as they occur.
· Demonstrate the ability to develop and monitor the orientation and training of newly hired OTP PA’s.
· Actively participate in developing policies and procedures regarding OTP medical services.
· Demonstrate the ability to coordinate PA coverage of all OTP and specially funded clinics within OTP.
· Demonstrate the ability to coordinate the delivery of medical services with other disciplines within and outside of the department.
· Perform annual performance evaluations for OTP Physician Assistants on a timely basis.
· Maintain a liaison with other BIMC departments and outside agencies on an ongoing basis.
· Participate in recruitment and training of PA students.
· Provide representation on OTP committees, and liaison with community groups concerned with OTP.
· Maintain competence in the duties and responsibilities as described for the MMTP PA, Senior PA and Assistant Chief PA.
· Demonstrate ability and willingness to cover OTP PAs and PCU PA as needed.
· Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
· Participate in the department’s performance improvement activities.
· Maintain patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
· Observe the Health Care System’s compliance policies.
· Comply with infection control standards.
· Participate in the development of other staff members.
· Meet regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements.
· Identify learning strengths and needs.
· Utilize learning resources.
· Demonstrate a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others.
· Display courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community.
· Expected to serve on committees as assigned by Chief PA and Medical Director including co-chairing the QI committee.
What You’ll Bring:
· Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
· Experience in Opioid treatment/methadone treatment program
· 5+ years equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
· New York State license as a Registered Physician Assistant. NCCPA Certification, ACLS, BLS and Infections Control Certificate
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.