Mount Sinai Careers
Technology Specialist I - Data Governance
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic Trainer III:
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Technology Specialist I acts as the principal technology expert for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
Critical Skills for Success in this role:
· Solid knowledge of the health information technology function and operations in provider organizations (preferably multi-hospital setting); Enterprise awareness
· Deliverable based Project and Program Management (PMP or PgMP certified preferred)
· Strong ability to lead technical requirements definition and solution design activities/sessions
· Knowledge of enterprise architecture principals and standards
· Experience with IT leadership and governance
· Exposure to HIT service delivery and development models/standards (e.g. ITIL, Agile, Scrum)
· Systems focused mentality (predictive, proactive, precise, personalized, coordinated)
· Understanding of “Value Management” (what is the value and how is it measured)
· Facilitated session leadership
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (must command a presence in a room to facilitate and lead)
· Ability to think creatively to develop innovative solutions and approaches
· Self-starter and self-motivated
Benefit to the organization:
· This position, which is part of the Governance department within IT and will work with team members from all areas of IT across the enterprise. “Governance” encompasses overall IT Governance Processes, Long Range Planning (IT Strategy Development), Enterprise Architecture Planning and Oversight, Capital Budget Planning, Transformation, Integration, etc)
· The position will lead and support planning efforts related to:
· Solution Design Project/Program Management
· IT Integration across 7 hospitals and the School of Medicine Applications
- Technology operations support
- Clinical, business, IT related processes
- Long Range Planning (Strategy, SWOT Analysis, Business Case development, presentation)
- Capital Budget Planning
1. Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of the project development cycle.
2. Works closely with client management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
3. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solutions for the systems design.
4. Performs analysis and system design. May code new or modified programs, reuse existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions.
5. Documents, tests, implements and provides on-going support for the applications.
6. Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives.
7. Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process.
8. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Master’s degree preferred.
Eight years of diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years’ experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Requires an in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area’s functions and systems, and applications program development technological alternatives.
· Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of system design and implementation.
· Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.