Mount Sinai Careers
CLERK - Laboratory
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
This is a position which involves limited independent judgment. He/She performs clerical work requiring application of various work methods and procedures and familiarity with departmental functions, policies, and practices. He/She is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks
- Knowledge of laboratory tests and specimen collection
- Handles various types of patients' specimens; prepares specimens for testing on site or reference lab
- Checks, analyzes, and classifies or alphabetizes materials, conducting limited research when necessary
- Makes simple postings to various departmental records
- May use word processor software or other type of spreadsheet software to locate or maintain information
- Prepares reports involving tabulations or posted data and simple arithmetical calculations
- Answers telephone, prints and faxes reports, and communicated results to physician and other authorized medical personnel, in accordance to HIPAA regulation
- High School graduation or its equivalent plus at least six months’ experience in clerical work
- Prior experience in specimen handling and accessioning preferred
- Working knowledge of: business English, spelling and arithmetic, of office practices and procedures, and or departmental rules and regulations
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed; ability to maintain established records and files
- Ability to meet the public well and to deal effectively with their questions or problems seeking assistance
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; may be required to type accurately at a speed of at least 35 words per minute and/or operate computer
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.