Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond our clinical work. A dedicated team of administrative and clerical professionals is essential to successful day-to-day operations. These professionals often serve as the first point of contact for our patients and their families and are the hub through which critical information flows. Every day brings different experiences—and each day offers the opportunity to improve the lives of patients and families in every community we serve.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
The Emergency Department is a fast-paced environment, Admitting Representatives in the Emergency Department provide professional, courteous, time efficient, patient centered and accurate administrative support required to facilitate patient care.
- Answer patient inquiries.
- Register patients accurately and promptly according to triage level; input patient information into computer system and verify necessary referrals and insurance eligibility
- Perform required procedures at discharge: patient information reconciliation, service recovery, referral scheduling, co-pay & ED visit fee collection, and maintain accurate record to reflect all related transactions; ensure proper signage of all forms
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of data. Perform all duties with close adherence to both hospital rules and regulatory compliance.
- Lift and distribute supplies. Proper use of personal protective equipment and universal precautions as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- High School Diploma, College preferred, Medical Terminology
- 1-2 years’ experience in medical environment and patient registration and insurance verification
- Experience with EAGLE, HMED, EPMI, Forms on Demand System preferred
- Computer proficiency, Word processing, data entry, and excellent customer service skills
- Bilingual a plus
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.