Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- SCHOOL OF NURSING REQ #71660
Job Title: Librarian I
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as the expert on the information literacy and library needs of faculty and students across the curriculum.
· Collect information and data both anecdotal and statistical to identify points in programs that would benefit from library instruction or intervention.
· Develop educational programs to address information literacy skills and support final or large-scale research projects where students need advanced research skills.
· Identify, establish, and maintain contact (outreach) with the key stakeholders in the academic programs and course development.
· Identify opportunities for library content to be updated, created, and integrated into courses and programs. (course maintenance and development)
· Develop an annual review schedule of programs to identify upgrades, outdated materials and new opportunities to support students and faculty.
· Provide literature review consultations, and support for students.
· Complete faculty and staff research support on request.
· Develop internal training related to assigned programs and subject areas for staff librarians.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program required
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficient written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for teaching
- Ability to work independently and
Subject knowledge related to Nursing programs and resources.
· Expert-level research ability in online databases.
·Experience teaching information literacy skills including the use of online databases.
· Experience in an online academic library serving students and faculty.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.