Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
RN/Registered Nurse - Per Diem - Operating Room - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Provide nursing in a 10 bedded Operating Room Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and their significant others
- Circulates in all surgical specialties including – but not limited to - General, ENT, Urology, Vascular, Orthopedics, Bariatric, Da Vinci Robotic, Cardiac, Thoracic, Plastics, GYN, Trauma
- Collaborates with surgeons, surgical technologists, and other members of the surgical team
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
What You’ll Bring:
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care
- At least one year of circulating experience either in a main Operating Room or a multi-disciplinary surgery center. Alternate experience includes completion of a Periop 101 program
- BLS / BCLS certification required
- CNOR preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions.
- Exception: Associate Degree or Diploma in nursing graduates considered for identified specialized areas of practice
- Must have current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire for consideration
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license required
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.