Mount Sinai Careers
Assistant Clinical Director - Alcohol Administration - Full Time/Days
Mount Sinai Health System’s multidisciplinary clinical research teams are pioneering innovative new approaches in health care across a variety of fields. Working alongside leading physicians and within internationally acclaimed medical institutes, centers, and laboratories, our scientists continue to shape the future of clinical care and improve outcomes for patients of all ages.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
To direct, manage and supervise all substance programs at the Mount Sinai St. Luke’s site. Is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/ technical/ service/ administrative tasks.
· Full – time supervisory social work position located within a comprehensive substance use disorder treatment program that is staffed by a Medical Director (physician) and clinical counseling staff
· Serve as a supervisor for the counselling staff, ensuring that their clinical documentation is complete and reflective of current best practices and regulatory requirement.
· Lead the counselling team as their direct manager.
· Supervise graduate student trainees rotating through the clinic.
· Work within the health system at-large to assure referral procedures for new patients.
· Liaison with community stakeholders to enhance program’s profile and potential for recruitment.
· The position will report to the Medical Director of the clinic and the Director of the Addiction Institute.
· A capacity to learn synthesize, make critical judgements, place patients and families first and collaborate with team members who are recognizing leaders with in healthcare.
· Establish clinical policies and procedures that are consistent with both Hospital and Addiction Institute policies and procedures.
· Direct all outpatient clinical substance abuse services at the Mount Sinai St. Luke’s site.
· Introduce, integrate and direct the implementation of the Addiction Institute modularized treatment programs at the Mount Sinai St. Luke’s site.
· Oversee the QI Program.
· Provide assessment and crisis intervention for patients, as needed.
· Review, modify, implement and coordinate clinical policies and procedures with all Addiction Institute Departments.
· Participate in Senior Staff, Clinical Program, Planning, and QI Committees.
· Along with the Director, Associate Director and Administrator, develop policies and procedures to better integrate all components of the Addiction Institute Program.
· Establish clinical productivity standards for all clinical staff at the Mount Sinai St. Luke’s site.
· Establish systems to improve the financial operations of each clinical program.
· Modify programs and operations to insure that services that services are in compliance with all regulatory and accreditation standards.
· Direct all regulatory and accreditation audits at the Mount Sinai St. Luke’s outpatient site.
· Direct and coordinate the integration of all research activities at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
· Identifies physical, behavioral and emotional characteristics typical for the age group.
· Modifies approaches based on patient age – specific needs and responses to treatment.
· Provides care for patients based on age – specific needs.
· Uses communication techniques which are age appropriate.
· Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
· Maintains patient/ employee confidentiality in the management of information.
· Add additional Organizational/ Managerial skills here.
· Responsible for the clinical management of the Addiction Institute at the Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Outpatient site.
· Hire/ fire/ discipline direct report staff.
· Evaluate performance of all direct report staff.
· Monitor attendance and schedule time off.
· Along with the Chief and Administrator, establishes standards of clinical excellence and works toward the attainment of those standards.
· Participates in the development of other staff members.
· Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements.
· Identifies learning strengths and needs.
· Utilizes learning resources.
· Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others.
· Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community.
· May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
What You’ll Bring:
· Master’s Degree in Social Work; alternative graduate degrees will be considered with relevant work experience.
· Current NYS Social Work License required
· At least 5 years of Social Work experience is required. Ideally with Behavioral Health or Substance Use Disorder Treatment.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
What You’ll Bring:
·Master’s Degree in Social Work; alternative graduate degrees will be considered with relevant work experience.
·Current NYS Social Work License required
·At least 5 years of Social Work experience is required. Ideally with Behavioral Health or Substance Use Disorder Treatment.