Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
To plan, supervise, implement and evaluate Nursing Education systems, programs, projects and policies that promote and support the accomplishment of educational goals. To provide nursing services at the appropriate level and document those services in an appropriate manner for all Division Programs. Is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Medical Center.
- Maintains department records for area of assignment
- Reviews and evaluates educational record keeping and reporting systems and modifies as necessary
- Conducts and participates in meetings related to area of assignment
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
- Provides patient care in accordance with nursing policies and procedures
- Assesses physical, psychological and social needs of employees and affiliated patients
- Demonstrates competency in performing treatments and procedures, including blood drawing, EKG test administration, eye and hearing tests, spirometry, fit-testing and color testing
- Documents nursing interventions, patient responses and effectiveness of interventions and reviews them with the Director
- Demonstrates ability to safely administer any medication allowed by New York State law
- Demonstrates knowledge of action, dosage and side effects of medication
- Provides for the safety of patients and other employees in the clinical environment
- Implements nursing care in accordance with the health team’s therapeutic plan of care and communicates changes in the patient’s condition to the appropriate supervising registered nurse
- Prioritizes patient care based on patient needs
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality In the management of information
- Complies with Corporate Compliance/Code of Conduct
- Reviews and formulates departmental and program objectives in accordance with corporate policies, strategies and goals
- Participates in the negotiation of external consulting and/or educational services
- Selects subject matter experts
- Supervises subject matter experts involved in various stages of program development and implementation
- Evaluates the performance of subject matter experts involved in educational activities and takes corrective action when necessary
- Participates in the formulation of departmental policies
- Coordinates activities for development and updating of orientation plans and other educational materials for assigned areas
- Maintains security of confidential patient information and tools necessary to provide mobile services in off-site locations
- Keeps documentation required for patient services and data entry secure, organized, up-to-date, clearly labeled and ready for pass-along to the next member of the health care team in the established handling process
- Promptly advises the Director of any problems arising in the gathering, recording and dispersal of required medical documents
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
- Identifies learning strengths and needs
- Utilizes learning resources
- Identifies and designs programs that facilitate organizational development
- Determines the educational needs of the nurse education managers necessary to accomplish the objectives of Patient Care Services through collaboration with line and staff personnel
- Develops and implements learning packages, presentations and other educational materials to meet the needs of the staff on a 24-hour basis
- Communicates the plan for the educational programs/materials in such a way as to encourage and foster participation, involvement and cooperation
- Selects appropriate instructional strategies for educational programs
- Evaluates the effectiveness of educational programs with future recommendations
- Keeps abreast on current training and educational trends, techniques and materials through publications, associations and workshops
- Conducts orientation activities as necessary
- Demonstrates continuous quality improvement in performance of duties
- Meets regularly with other members of health care team and other staff members to update policy, procedures, new treatment developments and strategies for efficient administration of services
- Willingly shares information with other members of the health care team and utilizes experience and expertise to assist less experienced and less knowledgeable members of the team
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, staff, families and significant others.
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
- Utilizes the principles of problem solving and acts as a resource to others in problem identification and resolution
- Establishes and maintains communication systems with department heads, managers, employees and physicians to accomplish organizational goals
- Provides consultation and support to assist staff in adapting to changes that impact the healthcare industry
- Maintains communications with departmental staff at alternate sites as appropriate
- Provides internal consulting services
- As a representative of management meets with employees, individuals and other healthcare organizations to assist in accomplishing identified goals
- Presents information to appropriate supervisors in an organized, professional manner and solicits feedback to ensure that the information presented is understood correctly.
- Presents a professional appearance and demeanor on the job
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary, in all assigned locations on a flexible schedule
What You’ll Bring:
Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or equivalent experience. CPR educator preferred.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED or DESIRED
Demonstrated competence and progressive experience in education and management/administration. Interpersonal skills a must, particularly the ability to listen and absorb in order to determine patient needs. Ability to counsel patients relative to health care needs and Medical Center and regulatory agency requirements.
New York State License; certification as appropriate to area of assignment.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.