Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Patient Care Liaison (Bilingual Spanish preferred) - Part-time Evenings - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a liaison between patients and Primary Care Providers, outpatient services, inpatient services, and diagnostic testing centers
- Facilitates receipt of high quality, service-oriented patient care in primary and specialty practices, laboratory testing and diagnostic imaging centers, and ambulatory surgery
- Primarily supports the Hospital-Medical Home Demonstration Program and efforts to develop improve and sustain transitions of care between the hospital and community-based primary care practices and other facilities
- Advocates for patients who need assistance obtaining appropriate medical care
- Facilitates timely access to primary care and specialty appointments, including in outreach to patients needing services related to preventive care and chronic disease management, including appointment reminders and arranging transportation
- Facilitates timely access to diagnostic testing, such as laboratory testing, radiology imagining, and cardiovascular testing
- Arranges timely patient visits for routine appointments and following hospitalizations and ED visits.
- Facilitates effective communication of findings and recommendations to patient and between providers following primary care and specialty appointments.
- In collaboration with the Care Manager, uses data reporting tools in the electronic medical record, other hospital information systems, and data provided by health plans to execute a reminder system for immunizations and preventive services
- Directs non-English speaking patients to providers conversant in their preferred language or facilitate the use of translation services.
- Increases the availability of key clinical data (discharge summaries, laboratory tests results, etc.) at time of appointments, including contacting other hospitals and physicians to obtain results of care delivered at non-Mount Sinai West facilities
- Effectively consults with physicians, care managers, nurses, secretaries, and practice managers in responding to patient needs.
- Communicates with patients and family to keep them fully informed of the status of any complaints and their resolution.
- Provides medical records, consultation reports to referring physicians and outside agencies in a timely manner.
- Identifies underlying systems problems or obstacles to the delivery of high levels of customer service and participates in developing action plans to bring about necessary changes.
- Serves as a liaison with health plans, helping to maintain accurate provider patient panels and demographic information.
- Facilitates and navigates patient appointments and provide information for hospital admissions surgical procedures, and other inquiries to physicians and community groups as requested.
- Communicates consistently with managers to facilitate and expedite appointments. Contact manager to overbook appointments when the next available appointment is greater than 10 days
- Communicates with patients and referring physicians to verify insurance and all demographic information in Eagle, IDX, and eCW for pre-registration and appointments.
- Completes registration information for all scheduled clinic appointments.
- Faxes clinical information to physician offices as needed/indicated.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be comfortable dealing with a wide range of individuals, including physicians, clinical and general staff, and the public.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Proficient in web based programs
- Must have ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess necessary computer skills to operate the various programs used in the department, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, eClinicalWorks (eCW), IDX, Prism and other test reporting systems.
- Must have ability to analyze a situation in order to facilitate an appropriate resolution of an identified problem.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Should demonstrate problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Good time management skills with the ability to satisfy deadlines and handle several tasks at one time.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.