Mount Sinai Careers
Practice Manager - Outpatient Clinic - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Plans and directs registration, patient insurance, billing/collections and data processing to ensure accurate patient billing and efficient account collection.
- Develops and implements new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed. Ensure policies are communicated and administered consistently.
- Reviews current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner.
- Meets with patients to discuss insurance plan protocols. Discussions may include billing processes and expectations.
- Functions as problem-solver for patients with billing challenges. Resolves problem accounts and takes appropriate action to represent both patient and the Medical Center to achieve amicable outcome.
- Establishes and implements a system for the collection of copays.
- Monitors reconciliation process and signs off daily on all monies received. Maintains and recommends credit and collection policies. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures checks/deposits are entered accurately and timely and are posted to the correct accounts.
- Maintains confidentiality as regards patient account status.
- Prepares Revenue Cycle Dashboard for operational and financial analysis.
- Prepares and delivers training for department staff on proper submission of financial requests and creates protocols for revenue optimization and expense control.
- Manages assigned practice/department within the established budget, including annual planning, and develops monthly status reports.
- Develops and oversees business systems and works with Information Technology to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- Monitors daily operating activity of assigned department and makes suggestions necessary for improved work flow and efficiency.
- Attends administrative meetings and participates on committees as requested. Conducts special projects and studies, as directed.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Acts as liaison with all levels of administration and faculty in coordination of operational activities to accomplish directives and to facilitate resolution of problems.
- Assists in the planning of short and long-range goals for the department, unit or division. Prepares and evaluates proposals to implement new programs and expand existing ones.
- Play an active role in the approval of all purchases, and purchasing activity for the Department. Work with Accounts Payable to ensure invoices are not outstanding for the Department.
- Assists with special projects and provides analytical support as requested.
- Performs other related duties and special projects requested by the Assistant Director, Senior Director and Vice President.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration or Business/Public Administration Preferred.
- Familiarity with ambulatory practice management.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff, and to withstand the pressures that may arise in relation to dealing with physicians, the public and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal calmly with individuals under stress.
- Prior supervision experience preferred..
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and adapts easily to new technology application
- Experience with the following EPIC and Eagle plus
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.