Mount Sinai Careers
Assistant Nurse Manager / RN - Telemetry - Full-time Days - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible to the Nursing Supervisor of the given division
- Maintains standards of nursing care and practice by supervising and evaluating nursing personnel
- Plans, directs, coordinates, evaluates and facilitates the delivery of nursing care through the creative utilization of professional nursing expertise
- Recognizes patient’s problems and participates in their resolution
- Contributes toward the maintenance of a professional setting that allows for growth and development of patients and staff
- Participates in formulating, interpreting, and implementing nursing service programs.
- Participates in the orientation and evaluation of new nursing staff
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
- Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities
- Supervises and evaluates nursing staff performance with the Charge Nurse and Nursing Supervisor
- Assists the Division Nursing Supervisor in monitoring nursing staff attendance and adherence to program policies
- Participates in counseling and disciplining of staff, when appropriate
- Education Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing required, Master's preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in nursing or a related area. Understands the need to know, communicate and implement program and nursing service philosophy, policy and objectives. Possesses maturity, expert nursing skills and the ability to function as a leader and teacher. Is able to exercise professional judgment with assurance and integrity, CPR for Health Care Providers. Supervisory experience required.
- Current registration, as a Registered Professional Nurse, to practice in New York State required.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.