Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Charge Nurse I - OTP Avenue A
Mount Sinai Health System Careers
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Being a member of our nursing team at the Mount Sinai Health System is truly a badge of honor. Our nursing professionals provide leadership in a stimulating, supportive, and state-of-the-art environment where expertise is valued and collaboration is essential. As members of interdisciplinary care teams, nurses work alongside recognized leaders in all areas of clinical care—sharing outstanding resources, ideas, and technology to improve patients’ lives.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
- · Assists the Clinical Coordinator in the coordination of nursing care on a shift basis within a specific unit
- · Assists with the supervision of all nursing activities related directly or indirectly to patient care
- · Administers nursing care based on scientific and therapeutic principles of nursing and according to the physician’s orders
- · Assists in coordinating the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing regimen for patients within a given unit
- · Coordinates staff activities in the performance of the nursing process
- · Ensures patient needs are met through assignment of appropriate classification of personnel
- · Assists staff in the planning, implementation, and on-going evaluation of the nursing process
- · Giving instruction and guidance in areas where development is needed
- · Provides input to the Clinical Coordinator in the evaluation process of staff
- · Provides counseling and documentation to members of the nursing staff regarding adherence to job obligations, in consultation with the immediate supervisor
- · Recommends the progression of new employees from one phase of the unit-based orientation to another
- · Assists in preparing time and rotation schedules in accordance with staffing needs and contractual obligations
- · Assists with daily staffing by recommending staff or supplemental staff coverage
- · Makes recommendations regarding his/her schedule to meet the responsibilities of the position
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Demonstrated leadership skills and demonstrated skills in unit coordination and patient care programs.
- Licensed and currently registered to practice as a professional Nurse in the State of New York.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.