Mount Sinai Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
PER DIEM CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECH
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care defines us as an organization. Contributing to our world-renowned reputation is the dedication of allied health professionals. Working collaboratively with nurses and physicians, our allied health providers are valued partners providing diagnostic and therapeutic extensions of care on a daily basis. Mount Sinai’s allied health team members work side-by-side with global leaders in health care to create a patient-focused network of services that support healing in our local communities and around the globe.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
- Assists in the care of patients in the Operating Room and related areas under the direct supervision of the professional nurse
- Assists in the care, preparation and maintenance of sterile and un-sterile equipment
- Demonstrates ability to apply principles of sterile technique
- Assists in the safe transfer and positioning of patients according to accepted procedure
- Functions as scrub technician or instrument technician as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from Certified CST Training Program
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an
equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual
and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and
appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Performs nursing activities of a technical nature, for the surgical patient, in the operating room under the direct and continuous supervision of a qualified registered nurse. Adheres to the policies and procedures of the department, the Division of Perioperative Nursing and the Division of Nursing and of the hospital. . Is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
III. DESCRIPTION OF COMPETENCIES
Performance Appraisal Rating Key: 1 = Exceeds 2 = Meets 3 = Does not meet
· Protects the patient’s rights of privacy, person, and property and maintains confidentiality
At all times
· Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks:
· Works safely and provides for the safety of patients and others
· Demonstrates understanding of operative procedures and skill in assisting the surgical team in the
· Anticipates and meets needs of the surgical team, with demonstrated speed and manual dexterity
· Demonstrates careful handling and disposition of surgical specimens
· Maintains an organized sterile field
· Complies with policies regarding Implants, medication safety, counts and retained foreign bodies
· Selects, uses, decontaminate, reassemble, and sterilizes instruments and equipment, according
To established departmental protocol
· Demonstrates ability to maintain and operate sterilizing apparatus
· Check that the equipment is in working order before the time out process takes place
· Applies principles of aseptic technique in setting up/maintaining a sterile field, limiting area of
Contamination, detecting, reporting and correcting breaks in sterile technique
· Uses supplies appropriately, in a cost-effective manner
· Checks dates on supplies, restocks supplies and cleans cupboards
· Assists circulating nurse.
· Actively Participates in the TIME OUT process
· Uses technical skill in procedures such as skin preparation, draping , wound care, dressing and drains
· Assists in the safe transfer and positioning of patients according to accepted procedure.
· Make accurate and pertinent observations of the patient’s condition and reports to circulating RN/
· Assists in maintenance of a safe, sanitary and orderly environment.
· Maintains correct flow of dirty and clean instruments in department , (sprays dirty instruments with enzymatic and places dirty trays in closed case carts and moves it to dirty elevator area )
· Uses knowledge of environmental hazards, such as anesthetic agents, mechanical, electrical, optical, and radiological equipment, to protect patients and prevent accidents
· Assists in preparation of the room for the next operation; EX. equipment, trays, soft and sharp supplies
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area..