Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Payroll Representative (Mount Sinai West)
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You’ll Do:
Performs duties complementary and supportive to the Nursing Department Payroll Office. Is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center.
- Performs clinical/technical/service administrative tasks
- Posts work schedule daily on employee's card and weekly on IBM sheets
- Picks up Nursing Service Personnel from the mail payroll office
- Sorts and distributes payroll checks; notes missing checks and obtains them from payroll
- Researches and adjusts errors on employee's checks
- Assists in explaining payroll deduction to employees
- Maintains daily and compiles annually sick, disability, LOA, Holiday and vacation entitlement records for employees
- Occasionally types routine material
- Adjusts time schedule on an equitable basis to meet the needs of the Nursing Service Payroll Department
- Run errands to other departments
- Files active and inactive records in Nursing Service Department Office
- Is knowledgeable of contracts -- NYSNA - LPN -- 1199 & Non-Union Policies
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2-years experience in health care or business.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.